October is probably one of the most awaited months of the year. Pleasant weather and falling temperatures, coupled with the right number of Diwali and Dusshera holidays, make it the perfect month to travel around the world. However, if you are worried about your limited budget, then just follow the below-mentioned tips that can help you plan your getaway without any financial burden.
- Plan early: Start planning your vacation as early as possible. This would give you enough time to compare deals and take advantage of the lowest prices on airfare. Plus, the hotel you choose to stay will be more likely to be vacant.
- Research thoroughly: If you are planning for a vacation, do your research first and find out the least expensive times to fly as per your budget. If you are planning to travel by air, you can compare airfares at different times of the year and choose the one which suits you.
- Check websites: There are several websites that offer easy ways to search and compare airfares, accommodations, and even car rentals. They also offer huge cashback and offers if you book a flight and a hotel together at the same time.
- Take a loan: If you are low on budget, you can take a personal loan. There are several banks and NBFCs that offer personal loans at lucrative interest rates. However, borrow as per your repayment capacity and also check your credit score before applying for the loan.
- Fly mid-week: You can fly at a lower price by flight on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, and late at night and early in the morning.
- Call hotels directly: If you have found a hotel online, it’s better to call them directly and see if you can get an even lower rate than what is advertised on the website. You can also inquire about the discount and offers available at the time of booking.
- Read the fine print: When booking a flight or hotel, understand the policies regarding taxes, cancellations, in-flight meals and so on. If you are charged extra fees, you can take an immediate action and ask for the same.
- Don’t book a flight: Airfares are usually high and may not be affordable for you. So, you can choose alternative ways to go to your vacation destination. Driving your own car or traveling by train or bus can save a tremendous amount of money. But, if your kids aren’t up for a 10-hour bus ride, then it might not be the best choice for your family.
- Eat cheap: Food can be pretty expensive and can take a big bite of your budget. Look for a hotel that serves free breakfast with your stay. Stock up on some snacks and drinks for your travel. If you are traveling with kids, check out the restaurants that offer free or discounted children’s meals. And don’t forget to take your free travel guides from the hotel lobby for money-saving dining coupons.
- Look for inexpensive activities: Prior to traveling, do some research and find inexpensive places to visit such as museums, historical monuments, beaches, or other places that have free admission. Some activities also offer reduced admission fees if you arrive late in the day.
So, pack your bags, book your tickets and leave for a memorable trip right away. Happy journey!